Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day

After a wonderful Saturday "off" I woke up on Sunday feeling tired even though I slept in. Hannah bounced into my bedroom with a bright happy smile on her face & holding a present she made at school. It was a sweet poem & picture she drew. I loved it! Next came Emily, with one of her incredible homemade card. After I finished reading it, she grabbed my hand & took me into the kitchen & sat me down at the table. She strapped on her roller blades and put a muffin & milk on a tray & brought it to me. She skated back and forth between the counter & table refilling my milk & delivering cranberry muffins made by Stephen. As I finished breakfast, Kaitlyn came upstairs and said my surprise was ready downstairs. Apparently it was Emily's job to keep me busy while Kaitlyn worked on her surprise.... it was a beautiful scrapbook layout of the girls that she made on the computer. Emily then gave me her present, a painted flower pot with flowers in it!
Jonathan woke up & after being reminded that it was Mother's Day by Kaitlyn, he wished me a happy Mother's Day & bent down so I could kiss him on the head! Here are some photos I took of the kids before church yesterday. They are my greatest gifts and what makes Mother's Day so great!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Malissa said...

Sounds like your kids created a special memory for your for Mother's Day. Love their pics. They're so cute and I can't believe how old Johnathan and Kaitlyn are!! I'm amazed everytime I see them. They don't stay little for long do they?

Melody said...

No Malissa, they don't stay little long. I feel time slipping through my hands like fine sand. I sometimes just want to freeze time. I guess that's why I'm so passionate about scrapbooking, I never want to forget all these little moments with them.