Well, nothing too interesting has happened around here since Thursday. Stephen is plugging away at school. Now that he has a routine down, it isn't as stressful. He is enjoying his clinical on ICU & still feels like a little boy in a candy shop working around all the cool equipment. They have a new bed specifically design to improve lung capacity & help people breathe easier. A bed, it's amazing!
Kaitlyn had her first basketball game Saturday & scored 2 baskets. Her team won. Jonathan went to a Maple Dell Staff Party last night & was 45 minutes late coming home, without calling home. I was ticked. I think being 16 has gone to his head & we need to have a talk.
But other than that, life is going as usual. Although the kids have made me laugh a lot this weekend. Today, Kaitlyn did Hannah's hair for church. She pinned her bangs back in with a barrette. Later, after church, Hannah & I were sitting on my bed talking. She unclipped her bangs, & they looked like that big poof I was so fond of wearing when I was a teenager. I told her I used to wear my hair like that when I was Kaitlyn's age. Her eyes grew very wide & she said, "Way back in the 50s?" No silly, the 80s!
Yesterday, we started lunch & Hannah wanted a PB & J sandwich. The Jelly was brand new, so Kaitlyn asked Jonathan to open the jar. He twisted the lid, he tapped it on the edge of the table, he twisted it with all his might. Wouldn't budge. Emily asked to give it a try.Jonathan didn't think she could open it. She did without effort, Wounded male ego!
No comments:
Post a Comment