I think when a baby boy is born, he should come with a warning label. WARNING: I will break, twist & sprain many parts of my body multiple times!
In November, Jonathan bruised his collar bone very badly playing football. It took almost a month to heal. He was finally all healed, & he sprained his ankle pretty bad last night playing basketball. He has been getting up at 5 a.m. all week to attend Driver's Ed. So, he is really tired, in pain, & frustrated by the injury. All in all, he is not a very happy boy right now. He insists he will be well enough to play basketball Saturday night & go snowmobilling on Monday. We will see.
I also learned a lesson last night on parenting a child who is 16. At 9pm, he asked to go play basketball at the church. I was editing a paper for Stephen, & I was concentrating pretty hard, so I distractedly told him yes & he left. I assumed that he knew he should be home by 10pm on a school night. Nope, wrong. Stephen had to go get him at 10:25 pm. And yes, he had sprained his ankle much earlier in the game & just kept playing. Stephen gave him ib profen, ice & sent him to bed. But, the lesson I learned is I have to be specific on what time curfew is, or who knows when he'll decide to come home!
On the bright side, Jonathan has really struggled all semester with Pre- Calculus. I was worried it would ruin the GPA he needed to get a reduction in car insurance. Insuring a male teenager is VERY expensive. But, he aced his midterm, which pulled his grade up high enough to get the reduction. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment