Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Eventful Day

You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both, and there you have the facts of life. Old theme song to an 80s show I used to watch as a kid. That about sums up our day yesterday.

First, the good. Beauty & the Beast Jr. opened last night. Kaitlyn looked beautiful & performed wonderfully. It was fun to watch all of the hard work they've been doing finally come together.

Photobucket
Village Girl

Photobucket
Feather Duster in the Beast's Enchanted Castle. I took the picture during intermission since the castle scenes were pretty dark.


Onto the bad. I have had several days in a row where I feel pretty tired. I haven't been sleeping too well. I call these days "survival days" where I do the bare minimum to keep life afloat. That means my first goal is to make sure everyone gets 3 meals, everyone has clean clothes to wear, & homework is completed. I consider anything else I accomplish a bonus. These days frustrate me, & I feel especially discouraged when I have 2 or 3 days in a row. I'm hoping to get good sleep tonight. I know I tend to have more of these days in the winter than the summer. I think I'll ask Stephen to pick up Kaitlyn from her performance at 9:30 pm tonight, & try to take a long hot bath, read a good book, & hopefully fall asleep before 11. I think I just need to somehow hit the reset button.

1 comment:

All the good... said...

We went to see Kaitlin tonight! She was fantastic! She changed out of her costume before we could get a picture with her. She looked so pretty! My mom and I were so proud of her!