Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January 4th

I learned that part of being a good mom is being able to admit when I was wrong & apologize to my children. I am blessed to have a close relationship with my extended family. I was on the phone the other night with my dad & I told him something Kaitlyn told me in confidence. I told him because I thought it was cute & knew it would make him smile. Well, Hannah overheard me, & promptly told Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn was very hurt & upset. To her, I shared a secret that was only meant for me. I realized she was right, & I apologized right away. I still felt bad until I realized part of parenting is teaching children that everyone makes mistakes, & everyone, even moms, have to apologize when they are wrong. I'm also relieved that Kaitlyn forgave me, & told me another secret the very next day. But I'm not telling what it is! :)

No comments: