
On April 5th, 2005, my Granny passed peacefully from this side of the veil into eternity. It was the hardest day of my life. I was very close to her. My parents had a very difficult marriage that ended in divorce. During much of the turmoil & after the divorce, Granny took care of my sister & I. I never knew my mother very well, so Gran was the mother figure in my life. Anyway, when she passed away, she had been very sick for a long time. In a lot of ways, it was a blessing that she no longer had to suffer.
I have been through the stages of grieving a million times in the past 5 years. I still miss her deeply, but I know where she is, and that I will see her again. The first year was the hardest, but each year has been a little easier. Most of the time, I think about the memories & the things she taught me. I hold those close to my heart & try to pass on her wisdom to my kids.
She was strong. Because of all she taught me, I am strong too.
She smiled more than frowned.
She laughed easily, especially during the hard times
She loved her family & served us throughout her life
Everyone loved everyone because she loved them.
I love and miss you sweet Granny!
No comments:
Post a Comment