Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Health Update

Well, it has been exactly a week since I went to the doctor and was told to rest for two weeks. I am happy to say the sciatic nerve pain is almost gone, & I am slowly on my way back to recovery! I took a short walk on Saturday down my street. It felt good. I started doing muscle stretching exercises on Sunday, they have helped a lot. Yesterday, I woke up with an annoying cold, but I really wanted to progress, so I cleaned the refrigerator from top to bottom & felt satisfied. Today, my cold is bad, & other than get to the kids to school & watch a home show, I haven't done anything. But, it's ok. So all last week instead of focusing on what I can't do, I've focused on what I can do:
1. I read Junie B. Jones Dumb Bunny to Hannah. And I made her read to me. Her reading is improving so much, and so is her confidence!
2. I celebrated my 15th wedding anniversary. I wanted to make Steve a nice dinner. But since I couldn't, we decided to let the kids be the chefs. They chose Hot Pockets & Cheesecake! It was really funny, and made a nice memory. Who knows, it might become our traditional anniversary meal with the kids!
3. I have been asking myself, what do I need to learn? Well 1, my family is very capable & willing to help. My Dad bought dinner for us two times last week. Steve & the kids do housework
very well.
4. It's nice to just sit & talk to my kids. Kaitlyn is growing into an amazing young lady & her sense of humor has kept me going.
5. I have great friends & neighbors!

So although I don't feel the best, I know I will soon. I can't say I'm grateful for this, but I am learning from it!

1 comment:

Malissa said...

I'm so glad that your family is able to pick up the slack. You've trained them well!!