1. Stephen & I kept our word somewhat, it was a boring week in that we didn't plan a family trip anywhere. We heard a lot of "I am soooo bored" from the kids & occasionally, I found myself day dreaming about school starting.
2. Hannah & I finished the first part of the reading curriculum we are using this summer. She is progressing fast & I think she will be ready for 1st grade.
3. Stephen took the kids to the pond on Tuesday. They had a lot of fun & I enjoyed the nice, quiet house for a few hours.
4. Jonathan totally prepared for Scout camp himself this week & I am proud of him. He made a list of what he needed. I took him shopping to buy what he didn't have. He washed & packed all his clothes & gear. He is the patrol leader & made the duty roster. Right now, he is packing his lunch. He leaves at 5:30am in the morning & is so excited to live in a girl free environment for the next week.
5. On Wednesday, Kaitlyn & a friend from school went to the new city pool. It has two slides, a lazy river, a little kids play area, and a lap pool. She said it was really fun & we are looking forward to going when the cousins are here in a few weeks.
6. On Thursday, I took my activity day girls hiking in the canyon. Stephen went with us. Kait & Em are in Activity Days, so they went too. We hiked up to a beautiful waterfall. I wish I would have taken my camera. we will go back in a few weeks & take family pictures for Christmas cards this year. After the hike, the kids played all day with friends.
7. On Saturday, it was a hard day at our household. We decided to rearrange bedrooms so Kaitlyn could have her own room. Emily was not happy about moving, but we feel it is the right decision for many reasons. We hope the move will help Emily & Hannah become better friends & give Kaitlyn some space when she is doing homework or just needs time to herself.
Stephen & I ran many errands. We went grocery shopping & it seemed that everyone in our neighborhood was there. After many distractions & takling with neigbors, we finally finished shopping. It wasn't until we arrived home that I realized I forgot to buy a few last minute things for scout camp. So I went back to the store in Stephen's car. I went in, bought the stuff, and walked out of the store with a million things on my mind, and opened the door to my VAN. I looked around & wondered why an infant car seat was where Hannah's car seat usually is. Then I realized I wasn't in my VAN! I was so embarrassed! I got out quickly, & looked around for my van, then realized I had Stephen's car! I felt like such a dork. As I got into the car (after looking at the license plate), I saw the owner of the van get into it. I wonder if he saw me in his van? I hope not!
Today, I ran Kaitlyn to Insta Car. She has been saying her ear hurt since yesterday & today it is unbearable. She has swimmer's ear. This is the first time any of my kids have had it. So, it looks like our annual trip to Seven Peaks Water Park is cancelled. We will have to think of something else to do next week that doesn't involve water. Any ideas?
1 comment:
you guy's all go to the water park and let me take care of kaitlyn, I promise she will be very well taken care of my bed is very comfy
Post a Comment