I am so amazed how fast summer is going by! Today, registration information & school supply lists from the girl's school came in the mail. Stephen's fall tuition bill also came. The girls & I went through storage clothes & weeded out a few things they want to wear next year. We also browsed through the ShopKo ad and Old Navy online to see whats on sale. Mike & Michelle will be here in two weeks for eight days. After they leave, we will finish up school shopping.
School shopping is a big project here. First we go through drawers & get rid of unwanted things. Then we check my clothes storage of hand me downs or sale items I've purchased to see if there is anything anyone wants. Then I make a list of everything that is needed & assign each child a day to go shopping. On this day, we get everything they will need until Christmas time, & go out to lunch at the fast food of their choice. Then after lunch, they get a haircut before heading home. It takes longer, more gas, & I am exhausted after 4 days of shopping, but it is so much better than taking them all at once & I get to spend one on one time with them before school starts.
This week, we found a desk & entertainment center with more storage space. So I have spent most of the week rearranging the family room. I started rearranging the storage roon today. We have portable cabinets on top of the counters & I moved the cabinets to the back counters so the front counters can be used as a laundry folding table. I cleaned out one cabinet to store salsa & spaghetti sauce we will make from the garden.
The garden has been a big project, but I have really enjoyed it. Everything is growing & we have already picked a few tomatoes, a red pepper, many bell peppers and jalepenos. The squash is coming on & should be ready in a few weeks. The pumpkin & Zuchinni are growing as well.
Daisy destroyed a portion of my flower garden out front. It is fixable though & I am going to work on it this evening.
I still need to clean out the shed out back. It really is a mess. Maybe on Friday.
Wonder why I am working so hard this week? Jonathan is at Scout camp & if I stay busy, I don't worry or miss him very much. It is when I am still, that I wonder how he is, if he is sun burnt or not, if he is sleeping well. Then I start miss him..... so I am getting a lot done this week!
2 comments:
Wow! I love how you organize your school shopping and I am glad to hear a fun update on your garden--I want to see some photos!
I love your system for school shopping...I think I will be doing the same. It does seem like it would take a little longer but like you said the one-on-one time is soooo worth it! Good luck with yours. Let me know how it goes!
Post a Comment