Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sore feet

Ok, Idid a very stupid thing..... I bought shoes that were cute, on sale, but not at all comfortable! I told myself I could put up with the discomfort for a few hours on Sunday, no problem. Well, I wore them to the Activity Days Recognition program this evening.... which only lasted 45 minutes. BUT, my friends Kim, Janae, & Carolyn were all there, so I was gabbing away & lost track of time. 2 and a half hours later, I came limping home. We were standing & I stood in those shoes and now my feet are killing me! Some price to pay for fashion! ugh!

I enjoyed my chat though. Carolyn, like me, has a husband who has to either work Sundays or be away for calling related meetings. She, like me, has 4 kids. She said in her typical honest, but humorous way, "Being alone on Sunday stinks! But if you have the right attitude, you will be able to see the neat blessings the Lord gives you because you are alone!" As she said it, I realized she was right. Stephen got up this morning & went to another ward's sacrament meeting, then to BYC. He was busy try to keep his covenants with the Lord & fulfilling his calling, yet he managed to make breakfast, make cookies for Recognition Night, give Hannah a bath & keep the kids from distracting me while I prepared a lesson for Primary. I can't say how much I appreciate all his help in the morning. We leave for church a half hour before he has to go to work. When we came home, the kitchen was spotless. It made me cry. As soon as he finished his medication pass, he called & asked the kids about church. It cracked him up to hear about how Hannah fell asleep in Sacrament & snored loudly. He said she takes after her old dad! But seriously, she can be a hand ful in Church & her falling asleep in Church was a total blessing. So Carolyn is right, I can either look at what I don't have & be a "grump" or I can look for & see the blessings the Lord is giving me during this time. It's all about perspective! I have to admit, this is SO much easier than when he was in the bishopric, & he was gone by 7 am & came home several hours after church. If I can do that, I can do this, right?
I love you Carolyn, Janae & Kim! What would I do without you!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Sometimes you have to sacrifice comfort for style...right?