I didn't realize how much I had neglected around the house all last year while I was busy working for Scrappin Freestyle, typing papers for Stephen, running kids to and from school & activities.... it wasn't a disater, but as I've looked around at all the things I needed to catch up on, I felt a very overwhelmed. In May, I spent 3 weeks decluttering & we did a ton of yardwork as well. For the last few weeks, we have worked on the garden & getting the kids settled into a summer routine, so I haven't worried much about extra cleaning until this week. I have scrubbed nearly every wall in the house & it is amazing how fresh, clean & open the house feels. I hope to be done with the rest of the walls tomorrow & work on windows & blinds. As soon as Stephen gets his first bonus in a few weeks, I am going to have the carpets cleaned. I wish I could say I am doing this purely to provide a clean environment for our family, but I must admit that Mike & Michelle's visit in August serves as my primary motivation. I am also thinking of painting the baseboards & doors, as well as my bedroom & family, but haven't decided if I am that ambitious or not. We shall see.
On to other news, the girls are enjoying their dance lessons & Emily is progressing in gymnastics. Today, she came home excited because she has mastered one element of her floor routine. She does a back bend, then a black flip & lands with her feet apart. She is so strong & it is amazing to watch her! Kaitlyn's favorite part of dance is ballet & she loves to leap & twirl. Hannah likes ballet just as much.
One of our goals this summer is to help Jonathan do all the work for his merit badges. I wish I could say he is enthusiastic & easily motivated. But I have decided that I will stay on top of it until he gets it done, so he has resigned himself to the fact that he doesn't have much choice. Stephen & his scoutmaster assure me that he will thank me one day. This week he finished most of his Physical Fitness merit badge, took a 10 mile hike with his troop, and attended a city council meeting. He has about 3-4 weeks worth of work left on various merit badges, then 5 merit badges to do at Scout Camp. Then he'll be done!! Yay!
Stephen offically started working as an LPN this week & is really enjoying his work. He is learning tons about medications as he administers them to paitents, which will really help him during the RN program. He is also studying Pathphysiology, helping around the house, & fixing things around the house that break.
We finished 1st Nephi last week & started 2nd Nephi this week. The kids are having a hard time understanding the Isaiah chapters, but I am finally starting to understand then after having read them over & over again.
The garden in thriving & I love working in it. Yesterday, we watered & saw beans sprouting, tomatoes on the Early Girl, small bell peppers & even one jalipeno. I was so excited. We planted at the Ward Garden spot, which is around the corner on a neighbor's farm. We walk over to tend the garden & it is fun to chat with the kids as we walk. I treasure this this time with them.
Yesterday, I took the girls to swim at Salem pond. It was so nice & relaxing. I really love summer. We are well & happy & grateful for all the blessings that seem to be in abundance in our life right now.
1 comment:
Sounds like you guys are staying busy. I'm glad Stephen is enjoying his job. Always makes life more fun!
I'm sure your garden looks great. I've let mine go. The kids have been digging it up and making mud puddles all over in it as I am trying to take care of Malia. Oh well, next summer we'll be on our game a little bit better:)
Post a Comment