Monday, June 9, 2008

Busy Day!

Why does everything have to be on one day. I have been going all day & just sat down. Whew! It has been a good day though. Stephen & I barely made it to the temple this morning before it closed. We are so blessed to have a temple open Monday mornings until 10 am, so we made it a goal to attend the temple every Monday morning this uimmer.
As soon as we returned home, we started the morning routine. Hannah was hard to get started, but the other kids dug right in & got to work. We spent the morning cleaning since we played most of the weekend. Today, I taught Kaitlyn & Emily how to do their own laundry. Kaitlyn declared it "too easy" to which I say YAY! Two less loads of laundry for me to do!
We had a hurried lunch and then I took my read-a-holic, Jonathan to the library to replenish his supply of books. Although I still had 2 books to read at home, I picked up 3 more, I just couldn't resist. One book is a parenting book based on the Book of Mormon.
As soon as I returned home, I had to register Stephen for fall semester. Only 3 classes! I think one is surgical nursing, which he is really looking forward to. His mom worked in the OR for years & the stories she told him really fascinated him. His clinical is 4 credits, which means it is going to be a hard class, but after this past year of schooling, I am convinced he can do anything! Stephen also found out he will officially start as an LPN next week. He only works 4 days a week! We are so excited! Unfortunately, one of those days is Sunday, but that will only last until October, then he will go to 3 days a week with Sunday's off. This is such an amazing blessing for our family & after all these years of Stephen working 50- 60 hours a week, it feels like heaven to have him home so much! About a year before his Mom died, she & Lee were here for a weekend visit. At the time, Stephen was working 50- 60 hours a week & serving in the bishopric, which meant he was gone Wednesday nights, & all of Sunday. The kids were little & I was in the Young Women's presidency. I was exhausted & overwhelmed. I remember sharing all my woes with Mom & Lee, then asking Lee for a blessing. In that blessing, it told me many things that brought me comfort & strength to endure that busy time, but it also promised that the day would come that Stephen would obtain employment that would allow him to be home more than he had ever been. In my state of mind then, I remember thinking, oh great, we'll have to wait for semi- retirement. But now I see that the Lord has fulfilled that promise & it has strengthened my testimony immensely. God is good, He loves us, & blesses us with what we need, when we need it.
Kaitlyn & Hannah started Dance today & they both love it. For Kaitlyn, it is an extension of Musical Theater, which thrills her! She loves the fine arts, whether it be acting, singing, or dancing. She is so excited about this class. Hannah loved the ballet portion of her class mostly, but she had a huge smile on her face during the other parts of the class as well.
Lastly, I watered & Weeded our garden while Kaitlyn was in Dance. It is growing, looking good, and we are on top of the weeds. So so far, so good.
After today, I am looking forward to a slower week.

No comments: