Friday, June 27, 2008

Camping in the Canyon- Part 4

After riding the motorcycle, we sat in the shade talking about the next camping trip we will go on in July. Although this trip was spur of the moment & a lot of work initially, it was completely worth it. We enjoyed being together without the distractions of real life.

One camping rule Stephen has is that the trip is low keyed & relaxed. That means we (ok, ok. really it means me) don't fuss about hair-doos and clean clothes. So, by the end of the trip, we were all dirty & unkempt, but bright, smiling faces shone through the dirt & grime.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As soon as we drove back in the driveway, reality hit again. Kaitlyn wanted to call Megan right away. When I told her she had to help unpack & do unfinished chores, she was upset. I found Jonathan downstairs on the playstation when I thought he was outside helping Steve clean the tent. Steve thought he was in the shower. Hannah whined that she needed help in the bath, but really I know she can do it herself. But I helped her anyway to speed up the process. Emily started saying she was "bored" and hasn't stopped. I started the laundry at 2pm & it took me until 10pm just to get all the bedding washed. So, alas, life turns back to normal, but that's ok too.

No comments: