Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer Vacation!

I have to say, I am so excited summer break is here! It was a long school year, with lots of homework, projects, & reports. To be honest, I was sick of homework & ready for a change of routine!

Today has been our first official day of summer vacation & very busy. I took Jonathan up to Scout Camp this morning. It is staff training week & he was very excited! He will come home Saturday, & go back Sunday night @ 7pm for the first week of camp. I did pretty good, I only teared up a bit on the way down the canyon. Although we will miss him, this is a great opportunity for him & he will be happy being busy.

Kaitlyn woke up this morning excited for swim team practice. She said it was "awesome!" She came home, showered, ate, did her chores & took off to help at a daycare down the street. That will pretty much be her schedule this summer. She is also going to work on her personal progress.

Emily & Hannah were the Lucky ones this morning as they both slept in! But once they woke up, they did really well at doing their routine: get up, eat, get dressed, make beds. Then they had to do chores, a math worksheet & reading. Hannah dressed in her Dance Leotard & is very excited to go to dance class this afternoon. Emily made sure she had a clean gymnastics suit ready for tomorrow and Thursday. We had lunch, & now the girls are playing.

I have been planning and preparing for a month to make the transition. I have really enjoyed the day although it has been very busy. After driving Jonathan to camp this morning & getting Kait off to swim team, I did my chores, laundry & posted ads for Brownie Scraps.

Stephen took his state licensing test last Wednesday and passed! Today is his lat day on children's unit. He begins orienting as an RN tomorrow. He says it is really weird to sign "Stephen Daisson, RN" on all the patient charts!

No comments: