Sunday, June 21, 2009

Girl's Day Out

Steve started working 12 hour shifts last week. It isn't too bad considering he only works 3 days a week. But the days he does work seem long.... so we decided to have a girls day out. First we went to the library. Yes, I took pictures. The girls are a bit annoyed by all the picture taking, but I plan to do a scrapbook of our summer & I want to document everything we did, big & small.

Photobucket

This is outside the library we go too. We don't patronize the one in town. It is small, very little selection, & the librarians are well.... grumpy. I know that sounds kinda mean, but we haven't had a good experience, so driving 10 minutes to another town is worth it for us.

Photobucket

Emily loves her Nancy Drew! We love that check out is 3 weeks, plus 1 renewal

Photobucket

Photobucket

The movie selection is great! There is so much to choose from, & check out is a week! Each of the girls rented one & I chose "A Family For Joe" which was a really fun movie to watch as a family.

After the Library, we went to lunch. The girls chose McDonalds because of the play place, here is what they thought of the food.....

Photobucket

But they had fun on the play equipment..... and afterwards went swimming (see post after this one).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well, the water was good at least, said Kaitlyn!

Lest you think it is all fun & games, I did make them do chores in the house before we left. Everyone has to clean their room, do a kitchen chore, & is responsible for cleaning one room in the house each day. The kids (except Hannah) do their own laundry in the summer, which I am loving. Since Jonathan is working Scout Camp most of the summer, the girls are learning how to mow & do yard work as well. I keep telling them it is important to learn, so if their husbands are busy, like their dad is, they can care for their yards, Kaitlyn mumbles under her breath something about marrying rich so she can hire someone to do it. Yard work IS NOT her forte. But Emily didn't mind at all.

Photobucket

Photobucket


No comments: