Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

I have to say, Thanksgiving weekend was just what I needed, and I think Stephen & the kids enjoyed it almost as much as I did. We have been so busy the past few months. Sometimes I feel like I can barely catch my breath in between the homework, carpools to lessons, dinner, chores etc. I really do enjoy doing those things, but once in awhile, it is nice to just RELAX and Have Fun. !
Jonathan's thanksgiving break started Wednesday. My dad came home Tuesday night and he wanted to take Jonathan golfing since the weather was so nice. Neither Dad nor Jonathan has play golf for a few months, so they were excited to play 18 holes. The plan was to play the first 9, eat lunch, & then play the last nine. Unfortunately the grill at the golf course was closed. But they decided that playing all 18 holes was of far more importance than eating. They were both starving when they returned home at 4:30!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanksgiving Day

We stayed in our PJ's all day. We had planned to watch movies and play games. But we ended up watching the Little House On The Prarie Marathon and The Errand of Angels on PBS all day long. In the morning, everyone pitched in to make dinner. It was a wonderfully relaxing day!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Friday

On Friday, we went up to Salt Lake City to watch Kaitlyn perform in two concerts for the Lights On Salt Lake Ceremony. We decided to ride Trax up for fun, and it was also nice to not have to hunt for a parking spot downtown. The last time we went to Salt Lake, someone stole our registration sticker off our van. So it was nice not to worry about the van all night.
The kids thought riding trax was great fun! Yes, even Jonathan, who worked very hard not to smile in the pictures, determined to give the impression that he was sacrificing by being with us.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We rode trax to Kaitlyn's first performance at the Gallivan Center.

Photobucket

Photobucket


After the performance was over, we snapped a few pictures and the headed back to the trax station & rode up to the Gateway for the next performance.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


After the Gateway performance, we boarded trax again & went to Temple Square. The kids wanted to see the temple and the nativity.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally, we boarded trax a final time, rode it down to Sandy to our van, then head home. It was a fun night! Here are a few cute pictures of the kids that we took Friday night. We had a lot of fun!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Todd and Amyjoy said...

so fun! Thanks for sharing those pictures.

Amyjoy

Malissa said...

What great memories! I can't believe how tall Jonathan is! He certainly looks 'cool' even though he didn't want to smile for you!