Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Charlie's blog

This is the most inspiring, amazing blog, you will have to check it out! It really shows that you can either accept what life has given you & make the most of it, as these courageous people have, or you can feel sorry for yourself & grow bitter. http://www.charliecooperjackjack.blogspot.com/
It really put my life in perspective. I've been feeling sorry for myself today. No, not over my handicap (that's no big deal), but the fact that I weighed myself and I've put on 10 more pounds. Emily accidently broke my treadmil a few weeks ago, and it's on Stephen's will fix list after the semester ends. I realized today that I've got to really get a handle on my weight. In January, I needed to lose 20lbs, now I need to lose 30lb. I wailed to Stephen when he got home & he was as supportive as ever, but from a nurses point of view, agrees that I would be healthier. So, he is moving the treadmill fix it project to the top of the list and we are buying a family pass to an indoor pool. I am determined to lose this weight & reading Charlie's blog helped me realized there is harder things in life than being 30lbs overweight, and that with the right attitude, I can turn this into a life changing event for the better!

No comments: