Wednesday, April 23, 2008

14 Great years!



In some ways it's hard to believe Stephen & I have been married 14 years! In other ways, it seems like we've been married forever. In all ways, it has been a wonderful marriage! Here are 14 facts you may or may not know about us:
1. Stephen knew the first time he saw me at church that I was the "one" he would marry. But it took us 20 months to decide that we were right for each other.
2. We went hiking on our first date in the Teton mountains. Due to being prone to car sickness, winding roads, and being really nervous, I threw up! I was hoping Stephen would stay in the car while I wretched on the side of the road. But nope, he stood beside me the entire time. I was mortified!
3. We were married on the same day as Stephen's mom & stepfather.
4. Five weeks after we were married, we were very shocked to find out a baby was on his way. It took two pregnancy tests to convince us. It was the best surprise we ever had!
5. On a trip to visit Stephen's family, I accidently put our car in low gear & took off at 65mph. I burnt the engine. The only comment Stephen has was, "No worries, accidents happen. I guess we'll have to look for another car."
6. Stephen does most of the cooking. I used to feel guilty until he said. "why feel guilty when I enjoy cooking?"
7. I do all the yard work. I love gardening!
8. Between the two of us, we have 3 college degrees.
9. I have never worked outside of our home. Stephen has had 6 different jobs since we married.
10. We bought our first house in 2000 and still live in it today.
11. We tore out our kitchen in 2006 & built a new one ourselves, figuring it out as we went. We were so pleased with the results, we did the same to our bathroom Spring 2007. We would have kept going, but nursing school put our remodel plans on hold.
12. In 2005, Stephen served in the bishopric, and I served in the Young Women's presidency. It was a busy time, but one of the best times too.
13. He is a science enthusiast. For 14 years, he has been trying to explain to me what a fractal is, & I still don't get it.
14. We are best friends and would rather spend time together than doing anything else!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hey Mel...I still remember the night you told Rob and I you guys were pregnant. It was the night Rob and I got engaged. What fun times, huh? Glad to know you guys are still madly in love.