Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

We made half of Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday so we could enjoy Thursday as much as possible. Emily made the pumpkin pie for her first time all by herself & it was delicious! I made all the usual stuff & Steve made all the snacks.
Now, I am not a Black Friday shopper. Well, I guess I should say, I wasn't! Now that the kids are older and want more expensive things for Christmas, I am getting into it. One thing I learned real well while Steve was in nursing school is how to stretch a dollar, & those habits have stuck with me. Why pay $50 for something, when I can get it for 75% off?
So, Steve & I woke up bright & early on Thursday to go to KMart to get something for Emily at a deeply discounted price. We were very surprised at the big line of people there at 6:30 am. As soon as the door opened at 7am, people flocked inside the store. I told Steve to go ahead, & I would catch up. He went ahead, & by the time I made it to that part of the store, 2 minutes later, the item was sold out!! Fortunately, Steve was fast & made it in time to get one. It was crazy!
We came home & went back to bed. When the kids got up & noticed we were still in bed, they called us "lazy old people." Ha Ha, if they only knew.
Steve started the turkey & then we played Monopoly with Jonathan. Now, I always win & suspected nothing less from this game. I took Jonathan out fairly easily, but Steve was in it to win, & was absolutely giddy when he won for the first time ever!
We spent the afternoon watching movies & eating. We had dinner around 4, and it was delicious! Kaitlyn said she enjoyed the day because we are usually so busy with school, work & church, that we never have time to just hang out. I couldn't agree. more!

No comments: