As I mentioned in my last post, I don't enjoy Black Friday shopping, but I am such a cheapskate, I feel compelled to shop them. I had the kids make their Christmas list in early November, & I have been shopping for bargains all month.
By accident, I discovered what a great place Ebay is to shop! I looked all over Utah County one day for an item on Jonathan's list, only to come home empty handed. Well, not really, because I ran into great deals on stuff for the girls. But, the item Jonathan wanted is now considered vintage, and very hard to find. Who knew? So I looked on Ebay, & found it at a great price!
So, we opened up the Black Friday ads & compared them to online stores & Ebay. We found one item that was deeply discounted on Ebay for $2 more than the black friday sale, including shipping. So much better than getting up a 3am & fighting the crowds!
One store had a great sale on printers & the two other items we wanted for the girls. We arrived two minutes late (literally), & the item for the girls was gone! We did get the printer though! I was pretty bummed, because the other item was #1 on both Hannah's & Emily's lists, but I didn't want to pay full price for it. When I came home, I checked the store's website, & found them at the sale price!! I did pay shipping, but even with that, I purchased both items for the price of one!
So the thing I learned this year is to sleep in, & shop on Ebay & through the store's websites on Black Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment