Wednesday- I was soo thankful for the spectacular weather! About a month ago, Steve & Jonathan drove up to Soldier Hollow at 3am in the morning to buy a permit to cut down our own tree. Stephen had Wednesday- Sunday off work this week, so we decided to make the drive to Daniels Summit to chop down our tree.
We found a little mountain ledge to hike into that had a grove of trees. The plan was to hike up, look at the trees, & if we didn't like them, to look somewhere else. Steve took one look at the terrain, & suggested that I wait in the van as I am still not 100% better from a fall I had in March. But, of course, I became stubborn & insisted on going. If I didn't, who would take the pictures? So, we started out, and as Steve suspected, my body is still not ready for that tough of a hike, & I ended up falling a pulling a muscle. What I love very most about my husband is instead of saying "I told you so," he helped me to a tree I could lean against, & then continued on up the mountain with the kids in search for a tree. He found the best one there, although not perfect, cut it down, & then had Jonathan drag it out while he helped me hike back to the van. I've learned my lesson this time! Next time Steve tells me to stay put, I will!
Since I was not able to hike up the ledge, I didn't get a picture of Steve & Jonathan cutting down the tree, I took a few pictures at the van. Other than feeling like I had been run over by a truck for a few days, the fall wasn't that bad, thank goodness!

No comments:
Post a Comment