Sunday, August 9, 2009

Family Night at Maple Dell!

Well, the day I have been waiting for finally came yesterday.... Jonathan's last day of camp! He had such a great summer, made a lot of good friends, worked HARD, and secured himself a job for next summer. He seems so much more mature than when he left... his attitude is better and he is independent. This summer has turned a good boy into an amazing young man! It was worth all the long weeks of missing him. But, I have to say.... I AM GLAD HE'S HOME TO STAY.... at leasy, until next summer!

On Friday, we went to Family Night at Maple Dell. It was fun to meet all the guys I've only heard about all summer! It is beautifully serene up there & I could see why Jonathan loved being there. But it was really funny, as we walked into camp, Kaitlyn said, "ewwwwww!!! Mom, do you smell that? It's smells like a stinky boy here!"

Well, about 200-300 stinky boys I think!

Photobucket
He worked in aquatics last week, taught the canoeing merit badge.

Photobucket
Flag Ceremony

Photobucket
At the Campfire

Photobucket
Telling Dad about his week. What a long summer it's been for Steve without his boy!

Photobucket
Huge Flag!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Camp Maple Dell is nestled in these mountains. Very peaceful!

Photobucket

Other pictures I took:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Ginny said...

How great for Jonathon! What a perfect summer job and it's gorgeous. Love the teepees.