Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This week has been amazing! I finished everything on my to list today & I am waiting for Jonathan to call me to pick him up from school and then run him to practice. I thought I would take a minute to blog.
On Sunday night, Steve & I watched a education week class on KBYU about recieving personal revelations. Since we are going to have to make a few major decisions this summer, we thought it couldn't hurt to brush up on our knowledge concerning the subject. Anyway, the speaker gave an awesome talk & told us to specifically pray for those within our stewardships that we could serve them better. Steve immediately thought of the Young Men. I thought of our kids & I prayed earnestly to know how I could best serve my kids.
The Lord did not wait long to answer that prayer. On Monday, Kaitlyn came home from school upset. As I had mentioned before in passing, we have had some difficult issues at school. On Monday, I realized, through the Spirit, that Kaitlyn needed a change. After a meeting at the school that very afternoon, we decided to put her in a different class. The result has been amazing already, I hope it continues. It was nice to see her big bright smile and get a big hug & kiss from her before she hopped out of the van this morning. I haven't seen her that happy to go to school since September!
Today is parent teacher conference & 'I am looking forward to it! The girls have worked so hard this term & everyone has good grades. I also get to go to the science fair. Emily did her science project in class & I am so excited to see it. I will take pictures & post soon.
I am also happy it is almost spring! Life is good today!

1 comment:

Anne of Green Barlows said...

Mel-what a great story! Thanks for the reminders about personal revelation...I have a few big decisions coming up too and it wouldn't hurt to brush up on the subject. I love reading about your family and they are lucky to have such a talented Mom:)