Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Roller Coaster Weekend

As I mentioned last week, Stephen had to go to Ogden to take the ATI RN test and pass with a 72% or better to graduate from nursing school. He had to be there at 8:30 am. Rather than drive up in the morning, we decided to make a trip out of it & also celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. My friend Lisa Koller took our kids for the night. THANK YOU LISA!

Steve had a very stressful week last week. On top of studying for the ATI, which was a comprehensive review of everything he learned in nursing school, he also had to take an unit test, do two assignments, and write a term paper. On Tuesday, he came down with the stomach flu. By Friday, he was wiped out & needed a break.

So, we decided we would just relax & enjoy Friday. After dropping the girls off at Lisa's, we went to Red Lobster in Orem and for dinner. We decided that since it was our 15th anniversary & we survived 2 years of nursing school, it was okay to treat ourselves. We ordered shrimp, salmon & lobster. It was delicious!

After dinner, Stephen took me to a bookstore & told me to buy any book I wanted. I love books, but rarely indulge in buying one for myself. I chose Emma by Anita Stansfield. I went to a Relief Society dinner a few weeks ago & heard Anita speak anout the book.

Once I picked out the book, we headed to Ogden. We made reservations to stay at the Alaskan Inn, which is in Ogden Canyon. It was a beautiful drive!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

I loved how our cabin was decorated. We stayed in the Hook, Line, & Sinker Suite. Steve loves to fish, so we thought it would be fun to stay in cabin with a fisherman theme.

Photobucket

I LOVED this lamp:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Unfortunately, the bed looked nicer than it felt. It was very hard & the pillows were small & thin. I was disappointed, & had a hard time sleeping.

Photobucket

But the breakfast was great!

Photobucket

Photobucket

After we ate, I took Stephen to Weber State University to take his test.

Photobucket

Then I drove back to the Inn to hang out while I waited. I was surprised to find a maid in our cabin, cleaning up. She seemed upset to see me there. I told her we hadn't checked out yet, I just ran my husband somewhere. She left the room & looked around to see that she had thrown away the remainder of my breakfast, which I had planned to eat as soon as I returned. I was a bit miffed, but decided not to worry about it I settled in to read my book. At 9:30 am, I heard her vacumming the hall. Hello, check out is at 11.If I wanted noise, I would have stayed home with 4 kids, 2 cats & the dog. I felt really annoyed, & decided we would never stay there again.

I checked out & took more pictures of the canyon before going to pick up Stephen.

Photobucket

As I waited for him, several other nursing students came out. Some had huge smiles on their faces, others had tears in their eyes. As the time ticked on, my nervousness for him soared. Finally, he came out.... with an unreadable expression on his face. He was either teasing me or he failed. I stood with him while we waited for his printoff. As soon as Aiko gave it to him, he handed it to me......

HE PASSED WITH AN 80%!!!! Based on his score on the ATI, he has a 98% chance of passing boards. It is all down hill from here! He has a few assignments to finish & a few tests to take. Then nursing school will be a memory!

1 comment:

Todd and Amyjoy said...

Congratulations on the test!
Happy Anniversary. Yea yea yea!

Amyjoy