It has been a week at our house.... here is the low down
1. Stephen had midterms on Monday, which he started studying for 2 hours before he took them, he did awesome on both.
2.Tuesday- I took Emily to th Dr. for a check-up, during the exam, he found a curve in her spine & ordered xrays. She also failed the eye exam & he referred her to an opthamalogist. Other "fun" stuff that happened on Tuesday: I parked th van on the curb & came out to find a broken back window. I am hoping it was caused by the high wind. Also, Hannah developed a fever. Kaitlyn had New Beginnings, and it was a very nice program, but all I wanted to do was cry. It was a hard day.
3. Wednesday- I stayed home with a sick Hannah while Steve took Emily for xrays. Both of our cell phones were dead, so Steve didn't take a phone. 5 minutes before he pulled back in the driveway, the xray tech called & told me the machine had malfunctioned, & Emily needed to go back. So Steve drove her up again. It took 6 hours to get 2 xrays.
4 Thursday- I had a muscle spasm in my neck & shoulder & pulled those muscles really good. I can barely move & it hurts to brush my hair. I can't drive. Jonathan wakes up sick. But the Dr. called & Emily's Xrays showed a straight spine. I know it's a miracle, the Dr. pointed out the curve to me. I know Heavenly Father answers prayers.
5. Friday- Jonathan is still sick. Hannah coughed all night. Neck & shoulder are still very stiff.
6. Saturday- Jonathan is still sick. Neck & shoulder are still very stiff. I am very grumpy. Steve is doing homework. Girl's won't help. Steve does weekly homework, buys me a neck brace that has a built in massager. I look hideous, but finally some relief. Emily complains of a stomach ache. I sleep better than I have in months. Hannah coughs only half the night, cough medicine working.
7. Sunday- I can turn my head, but still sore. Steve has his last Sunday clinical. 3 kids are sick. I decide to stay home from church with the 3 sick kids. I tell Kaitlyn she can too. But she completely impressed me by finding a ride, getting ready for church, & going. She came home & said her testimony of the gospel was strengthend and she was glad she went.
It's been a tough few weeks, and this week has been the worse, but there have been great blessings too. I know we have to have hard times to appreciate the good. I am grateful to the Lord for the comfort & strength He has given us. And I am looking forward to a great week next week.... I hope!
3 comments:
Wow Mel. Sounds like you had a rough week! Glad that the Lord performed a miracle for Emily. Steven is soooooo close to finishing school! Hang in there. Hope you're all feeling better soon:)
Hang in there Princess Melody (you are Snow White because of your hair and coloring.) We've had sick kids too. Major throw up this weekend. Ewww! Do you remember the part of Cheaper By the Dozen where one kid throws up because another kids threw up? That didn't happen fortunately! I just love that part of the movie! So funny!
WOW Melody I just want to sit down and cry with you. It seems that there are many tough weeks going around. Hang in there! It will be okay. Probably not today and maybe not tomorrow but one of these days it is going to be so much better than okay! And we are amazing women and we can get through this!
You are in my prayers!
Cynthia
Post a Comment