Stephen finished his 4 week clinical on Friday. It also is his very last clinical for this phase of nursing school. One day he plans to get a Masters Degree, but that has is a year or two away. We are both excited & happy that this part of the journey is coming to a close.
Yesterday, a speaker at church talked about how important it is to keep a history. He was referring to a ward & stake history, but I also thought it had relevance to keeping a family & personal history as well. I thought of my friend Rachel, who was the one who inspired me to blog. I am glad I blog, I've written down more in the past year than I ever have. And then I realized, I haven't done a lot of blogging lately, so I made a goal to blog this week. The last month has been so busy it has been a blur, but here are the highlights.
Jonathan- is such a good kid! Yes, he has his moody teenage moments, but for the most part, he is really fun to hang with! When he is home anyway. He started playing tennis after school & really loves it. He has made friends with a group of guys through tennis that are really good kids. On their way home from playing tennis one day, they stopped by Peteetneet Museum to take a tour for a merit badge they were all working on. As far as Merit Badges go, he completed 4 more last month. He only needs two more, & he'll have all the merit badges he needs for his Eagle. We are very pleased.
Kaitlyn- has been spending a lot of time with her friends. On Friday night, Megan slept over & they had a great time. Kaitlyn has had a really hard time with her teacher this year & has learned some very grown up lessons. She has learned that just because her teacher is always stressed, she doesn't have to ride the roller coaster of emotion with her. She has also learned to be respectful of authority. It has been a hard year for her, but I have seen her grow. She continues to love Young Womens and is excited that her group of friends are turning 12 and joining her. We have been working on one of her Young Womens goals: to plan and prepare 14 meals. We have discovered she has a talent for cooking. She loves it!
Emily- is working hard is school & it is paying off! After much discussion with her teacher, we discovered Em has testing anxiety. Her teacher suggested that she bring tests home & take them at her own pace. She has done so much better! She is loving gymnastics more & more. A few weeks ago, they had a skill pass off day. Emily was hoping to pass off her skills & move up a level. She was so close, but not quite there. At first, she was disappointed. But then at practice last week, her teacher pointed her out as an example on correct technique several times & that made her really happy.
Hannah & I are reading several books together. We are reading Willie Wonka & The Chocolate Factory & the Samantha (American Girls) series. Her reading is improving and she loves school. She came home & told me the funniest thing last week. It is so cute, I have to share:
Hannah: Mom, something happened at school today......
Me: Oh??? (I thought great. We've been having issues with Kait's teacher, this is all we need)
Hannah: Yeah, but it is kind of embarrasing......
Me: What it is it?
Hannah: A boy kissed me (This is not the first time a boy has kissed her.)
Me: Was it Tyler (he kissed her last year & she wouldn't talk to him until 1st grade. The girl can hold a grudge!)
Hannah: No! It was Justin!
Me: Where did he kiss you?
Hannah: On the cheek.
Me: What did you do?
Hannah looks down & then up at me with a guilty look on her face.
Me: Hannah, tell me, please
Hannah: I punched him!!!
I talked to her about how hitting wasn't the best option. Then she went to tell Steve....
Hannah: (retells story).... then I punched him!
Steve: How hard?
Hannah: (guilty look returns) pretty hard Dad!
Steve: That's my girl! High five!
I laughed so hard! Never a dull moment here!
No comments:
Post a Comment