Friday, January 23, 2009

1 down, 1 to go

Well, we made it through the first of two very intense nursing clinicals! Stephen had to do this clinical in 3 twelve hour shifts Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday. So, he has left before the kids woke up, and returned home just in time for scripture study/ prayers.They were long days for all of us. I have been very good to myself, taking it easy during the day so I would have a lot of energy in the evenings to help the kids with homework etc. So that means I just kept the house picked up & laundry at a dull roar. On Wednesday, I went to the temple with two very close friends, and ate lunch with them after. Being with them boosted my spirits tremendously. Lisa and Suzanne are such positive, faithful women. On Thursday, I took a long nap. Kaitlyn & Emily had the stomach flu, but luckily a BRAT diet & rest took care of it, & both girls were recovered in 24 hours. Usually, I try to keep up a full schedule while Stephen is gone. And I end up so tired & in need of a break long before he gets home. Today, I feel good. But I am really glad he is home! I missed him!
Next week he has 4 assignments, a test, and 3 papers to write. Oh and 40 hours of work & young men's. It will be a slow week. The week after, he will live, breathe, & sleep nursing school for a month. He has to do a 135 hour clinical in 4 weeks. That clinical is in Salt Lake, so it will be 14 hour days. When he isn't in clinical,he'll be working or doing homework. Hopefully, he'll be able to sleep somewhere in between. It will be a long, hard month. But this too shall pass.
In March, he has a pre nursing boards exam that he has to take in Ogden. I am looking forward to that. We are going to spend the weekend (just the two of us) at a cabin in the Ogden canyon.
We can do this.... it will be hard, but worth it!

2 comments:

Malissa said...

Sounds like life is in super speed mode. I'm glad you're getting the rest you need. The good thing is that you know when it's going to end and the sacrifice will definitely pay off:) Just keep on keeping on!!

Todd and Amyjoy said...

Keep going Melody. Your attitude is always positive and that will really help you through this time. You are doing great!

Amyjoy