Sunday, January 18, 2009
Pizza & Egg Rolls
As everyone was heading over to Rocky Mountain Fudge for dessert, Stephen & I had to head home to get the kids ready for the temple open house. We arrived home just after 2, and hadn't even gotten through the door, when Hannah ran outside with the phone. It was my dad & he asked if I could meet him at the gas station in 5 minutes. So I rushed out, thinking he was parking his semi, and coming to stay for a day or so. I was wrong. Apparently, at the last place he delivered, they dropped 5 boxes of product & were damaged. They were just going to throw it away, & dad asked if he could have it. They said sure. So he loaded 5 boxes of frozen egg rolls & pizza before he had to take off again. When I got home, I opened the boxes to find 10 packs of egg rolls in each box, and 9 packs of pizza in the other two boxes. We had to completely rearrange our deep freezer to cram as much as we could and we still had 2 boxes left. So I tried to think of someone who could use it. My friend Lisa Koller came to mind. I looked at the clock & saw we only had 45 minutes before we had to go to Draper, so no time to run up the road to the Kollers. I knew it would be a miracle to get her on the phone the first try, she is so busy. Sometimes it takes a week of phone tag just to say hi! I called & she wasn't home, so I called her cell & she was out food storage shopping.But she was able to come get the boxes on her way home. We haven't seen each other since August due to crazy busy lives, so we set up a lunch date next Wednesday. Fun, fun! Another yummy lunch to me! I can safely say neither one of us will want egg rolls or pizza!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment