Friday, January 16, 2009
What Heaven Will Be Like
Have you ever wondered what heaven will be like? I've always imagined that when it is my time to go back "home," I will be greeted by family & friends, and it will be like a reunion. After today, I am convinced of it. On Friday, I attended the funeral of Ted McArthur. Ted is the father of Tricia & Robbie, who I went to high school with in Valley Center, CA. They were also in the ward I attended when I was baptized. Up until last August, I hadn't seen or heard from anyone from Valley Center since 1992. So a lot of years have passed, we have all grown up, and now have families of our own. Although it was sad to gather together because of a funeral, it was happy to see everyone again. Several friends from "the good old days" were there. As I walked into the chapel, I saw many faces I recognized. Some, I remembered names, others I couldn't recall. But as we greeted each other with hugs, the love & friendship we once shared all came flooding back. What a blessing it was to grow up in Valley Center, CA! As I sat through the funeral, memories of the fun we had & the silly things we use to do came vividly to my mind. I am so thankful for good friendships.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment