Sunday, March 9, 2008

Lots of fun this week

We've had several fun things go on this week:
My friend Amy had a baby a few weeks ago. I took dinner to her family. Her baby is so sweet! I was able to visit with Amy for quite a while, which was good for both of us. Although we live less than a mile from each other, our busy lives make it hard to get together.
Kaitlyn was part of the 5th grade history wax museam. She was Sacewgea, the Indian wowan who helped Lewis & Clark on their expedition. With some help from me, she made her own costume and it turned out adorable.

Emily started gynastics this week. She loves the vault the best, but had a lot of fun on the bars, beam, and doing floor exercises. Her coach said she is really strong and expects her to progress fast. Tomorrow for Family Home Evening, we are taking the kids to a gymnastics meet @ BYU. Jonathan says he rather see the men's basketball team play, but he'll go anyway.
Stephen set up the trampoline out back yesterday. We take it down in the fall so it won't get broken from heavy snow fall. The kids bounced, jumped, flipped, and played until dark last night. It is their favorite toy & they are so excited to have it up again.
I was able to go have lunch with three old college roomates & it was so nice to visit and catch up with them. We met at Darla's house for lunch. Heidi made delicious soup & Darla made a yummy dessert & fruit salad. Lisa Joy made a yummy, "healthy" pie, & I brought the rolls. We ate, talked, laughed, & talked about life, It was great & just what I needed! I am so glad we ended up living so close and that we get together as often as we can! What a blessing to have such good friends for so many years now! Darla Shupe, we missed you & hope to see you in May!
Well, that's all for this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are having fun!! I wish I could have been their for the 'old' roommate lunch. I miss you guys:(.

Malissa