Sometimes I get an idea in my head about how a certain family activity will go. Like the Easter egg hunt that I posted on Monday. I envisioned the kids finding three eggs apiece (that part went well), then going inside the house into our living room, opening the eggs & reading the scriptures & discussing the objects inside the eggs. Well, after the kids found all the eggs, they wanted to stay outside because of how "warm" it was. 40 degrees with wind blowing is not my idea of warm, but hey.... considering there wasn't any snow on the ground, I figured why not. So we sat in a circle & the kids starting shaking the eggs to figure out what was inside. Emily became upset because shaking her eggs didn't produce the rattles that the other kids did. In fact, when she shook all of hers, they sounded empty. After assuring her there were things in her eggs, we started opening eggs. But in Hannah's characteristic excited way of doing things, she wanted open ALL her eggs first, at once. Jonathan started explaining to her that the eggs were numbered, and had to be opened in order (Emily is still shaking her eggs, & Kaitlyn is telling her that she has figured out why there seems to be nothing in her eggs.). I am freezing, the wind is blowing, and at this point, I just want to get the eggs opened, so we can go inside & get warm. Finally, the kids settle & we continued opening eggs. Jonathan is midway through reading one of the scriptures when I noticed that the girls are no longer paying attention, they are staring at Stephen, giggling. I look over at him, & he is juggling the eggs that have already been opened. At the moment, I wasn't too amused, but later that night, when we were talking about it, it was hilarious! I am so glad he is so easy going, we really balance each other out. So, it wasn't the way I envisioned it, but by the time we opened the 12th egg, the kids were all exclaiming (ok, yelling to the top of their lungs) "I know why there is nothing in the the last egg! It's the empty tomb & Jesus wasn't there, he was ressurected!" Emily declared that her empty egg was the best one of all!



No comments:
Post a Comment