A few weeks ago, Stephen's Aunt Irene called to say she was in Salt Lake visiting her sister, & had gifts to give the children. When the girls, saw the gifts magically appear under the tree one day after school, they rushed over to see who they were from. Each tag stated that the gift was from "Grandma & Grandpa Campbell."
They were all silent for a few seconds. Then Emily said, "Well Aunt Irene is Grandma's sister. She won't mind if she is our Grandma here on earth until we see her again in heaven." Hannah & Kaitlyn both agreed & they all happily poked & prodded the packages trying to guess what Grandma Campbell had sent them. We have a tradition of letting them open one gift on Christmas Eve (besides pajamas), and they all chose this one from Grandma Campbell:

Now these dolls are really special to me as well. My Granny made dolls like this for me when I was a young girl. When I was a teenager, I wrapped them up & put them in a black plastic garbage bag to save to give to my children one day. I set them in the garage to store. My dad was taking out the garbage & accidentally thought my dolls were another bag of garbage. He felt really bad about it & I've always felt sad that I wasn't able to pass them on. Now, the girls each have a doll & plan to take care of them so they can give them to their girls one day!
Thanks Aunt Irene/ Grandma Campbell!
No comments:
Post a Comment