Sunday, October 18, 2009

Emily's Accident

Thursday night, Stephen was feeling sick, so we decided not to go see Aunt Arlene & go to the temple. We realized Jonathan & Kaitlyn would both be gone next weekend, so we decided to go to the Red Barn to get pumpkins on Friday..

We kind of took the morning slow on Friday, I was folding laundry, Steve was reading a book/ resting. We had lunch & I told the girls to do the dishes, get dressed & brush their har so we could go to the Red Barn. Steve went to lie back down & I went back into my room to clean out my closet.

About 10 minutes later, Kaitlyn said, "mom, come quick!, it's serious" Now, at times like this, I wonder why they don't call their dad. HE is the registered nurse. Emily was in the bathroom & there was blood everywhere! I wanted to panic, but knew I couldn't. So I told Kaitlyn to get dad, who was downstairs in the family room napping. I started to access her: the wound was on the bottom of her foot, it is very deep, she cut it on the fence post Jonathan cut out last week & was supposed to bury, but didn't well enough.

Steve came up & worked on stopping the bleeding, while I called the dr. At first, they were at lunch. We talked about driving her to the ER in Orem or Provo, but decided it would be faster to wait for the dr to get back from lunch. We called 10 minutes later, & they were back & we went right in. At first, the DR thought it was so bad we would have to go to the ER. But once they cleaned it out, he was able to sew it up. Steve assisted, which I think helped Emily.

Photobucket

At least the cut is in the shape of a V. Emily says it means V for Victory, that she survived the ordeal! She has 13 stitches, & the worst news is no gymnastics for 2-4 weeks. Poor Em!

1 comment:

Malissa said...

Poor thing! I like the "V" for victory. What a positive attitude!