Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Do I blog anymore?

I just realized it is the 16th (I think) and I haven't blogged at all this month. That can only mean one thing: I'M BUSY!
Here are the highlights (and some lowlights) of the month:
1. Computer crash- yep, it was bound to happen, but quite upsetting when it did. You would have thought a child was critically injured by the way Steve & I reacted by loading it up in the van & rushing to the computer doctor! He pronounced it dead upon arrival, & we ended up buying one we could afford, thank goodness, but not the top of the line one I think I need. So, this will do for now, but we are saving up. Oh, & thankfully I had all my pictures on CD from the day I started taking digital until June 2009. I posted some pictures from July & August, so I only lost maybe 250 pictures total. Which for me is nothing! It could've been so much worse.
2. New Business- In July, I decided to start my own online store selling advertising packages to digital scrapbook designers. In short, I advertise their products online & help generate traffic to their store. Being an Entreprenuer was on my 'things to do during my lifetime' list, so I just decided to go for it. It is going well & my main priority is to never let it interfere with family life. Steve has been really supportive & as usual, I couldn't of done it without him.
3. School- The kids are doing really well & for the most part, enjoying it. Emily & Hannah have a fair amount of homework, but I think it is much more reasonable than last year. Jonathan is taking all pre AP classes, hardly has any homework, & has very good grades. Leaving me to in shock & awe. He is so incredibly smart. Kaitlyn has homework every night & is very dilligent about getting it completed, which is paying off. She has straight As! I am taking a Photoshop class every Thursday. Stephen is the only one not in school or taking classes, & loving every minute of it!
4. Home- Well although no one knew about it, we have been trying to decide if we should sell our home or not since Stephen graduated from nursing school. It was a decision that took us months & months of thought and prayer. We almost decided to sell, but everytime I drove down the street, I started to sob. The thought of starting over in a new neighborhood just made me sick. I knew the kids would hate it, & honestly, so would I. Financially, we felt really good about selling & I already had a few homes picked out. Steve said if it came down to what I wanted, he felt like it would work either way. I kept going back & forth between feeling good in the fact that we could afford a newer home & wanting one, to feeling absolutely terrified & sick over leaving the neighborhood. This went on for weeks. Finally, we set a deadline to make a decision. It was driving me crazy!!! So I made the decision to agree to sell & prayed to feel comfort that we would find a good neighborhood & I would feel peace. The feelings of sadness & worry only intensified. Finally I realized (duh) that was the answer! We are supposed to be in this neighborhood & it isn't time to sell yet, & it was then that I felt total peace.
So, we may be here another 5 years or another 25. Either way, the house itself is not my dream home, so we have decided to remodel. Currently, we have dug out a flower bed in front, & contracted to replace windows to make it more energy efficient. We found a guy willing to do a few windows at a time. So we are saving up, buying a few windows until the we are finished, hopefully by next summer. I am studying different flower bed designs & know I have to decide soon if we want to plant bulbs. We are getting rid of our front fence, which I am thrilled about. No more weeding around it! Stephen is going to repaint the exterior doors & we are going to buy new interior doors & repaint some rooms in the house. Who knows, by the time we are finished, maybe I will never want to move!
Thats the update!

2 comments:

Em said...

Sorry about your computer crash - but glad everything else in your life is going well!

Ginny said...

Glad you are so happy where you live! Remodeling is a great option! Adorable family!