Friday, October 10, 2008

Goodbye Garden!

Stephen studied hard for his test all day on Tuesday. The news reported freezing temperatures this weekend, so we knew we had to harvest the garden this week. Since Stephen was so busy, a lot of the work fell on Jonathan. He said it "stunk" to be the oldest & a boy who is able to do hard labor when dad can't. I tried to reassure him by saying Dad only has 7 more months of nursing school left. He said it felt like forever. Neither Steve or I could argue... it really does. So Jonathan, Emily, Hannah & I went & picked all the veggies left in the garden. Jonathan ripped the plants out & hauled the bags of veggies & the pumpkins to the van. Our garden is on a neighbor's farm. Since Jonathan worked so hard, I let him drive the van on the farm. You would have thought I handed him a million dollars! It was a such a relief to get that project completed!

No comments: