Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Homeschool

Well, to fill the long summer days, to keep the girl's skills up, & to avoid hearing about how bored they are, I am homeschooling them 3 days a week. So far, it is going well. Our schedule is pretty flexible, & as long as we complete our to do list each day, I am happy.

The to do list

1. Scripture Study- the girls are reading the Book of Mormon. Their goal is to finish in 60 days. This is individual reading time, & as they read, I study the Old Testament. We've been asked by our Stake President to read the OT from cover to cover this year, & surprisingly, I am really enjoying it. At night, we read as a family.

2. Household chores- I feel it is really important that the girls learn how to care for a home & run a household. They are assigned a kitchen chore & one other room in the house to keep clean. These jobs rotate each week. They are also responsible for their room, bathroom, & laundry.

3, Academic- Emily is reviewing the 5th grade math curriculum from last year, Hannah is working on fast facts. Both girls are working on memorizing their Articles of Faith. So far, they have the first 3 memorized. Kaitlyn is working on personal progress for Young Women's, and learning to play the piano. She can play several hymns & is making good progress.

4. Exercise- We go swimming every day we do homeschool.

On the days we aren't homeschooling, we go on field trips, play with friends, go to the library, or just relax!

No comments: