Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Small Little Miracle & The MTC

Today, Stephen & I went to the temple. We did sealings. Now, we have been doing sealings for almost 16 years now & everytime we do, I start to feel like I am going to faint, no idea why. Today, I didn't! It was so nice! I really enjoyed the session!
As we were walking out, a cute little boy with Down's Syndrome who was visiting the temple with his family, escaped his older brother's grasp, & made a mad dash INSIDE of the temple. His brother, maybe 8 years old, looked at Steve with a helpless look on his face. Steve took off after the little boy, who ran all the way down the hall to the Temple President's office! It was so cute to watch, but his poor brother was sooo embarrased!
The temple, as usual, was so busy that we had to park in the overflow, by the MTC. Apparently, we finished up right as new missionaries were arriving to the MTC. It was so exciting to see... hundreds of missionaries & their families! But then, Steve pointed out a Samoan father that has big tears rolling down his face, as he hugged his son goodbye. I could see how pleased he was that his son was going on a mission, but how sad he felt to say goodbye. And I started to bawl, thinking about the moment in our life, now only four years away, that we will bid the same farewell to Jonathan. I know it sounds silly, but it just really hit me..... he is growing up fast!

No comments: