There is a LOT of snow on the ground here. I'm not good at judging how many inches exactly, but I know there is more than a foot out there! It has been snowing since yesterday morning & Steve is working 12 hour shifts & Jonathan is at wrestling & buried under piles of homework. Jonathan shoveled yesterday morning before heading to school, but within an hour, it piled up again.
I shouldn't shovel, it puts me at major risk for a muscle spasm or sprain. But what do you do when there is inches & inches piled up? I prayed, and Heavenly Father sent his sweet angels.
The first one is Emily's best friend, Carly Balls. She comes over in the mornings to hang out with us until school starts since her mom has to go to work. Yesterday, she shoveled the walks & driveway for me. Such a sweetheart.
It snowed so much that I had to shovel before getting the girls from school. An hour after they came home, there was more snow. Silently, without being asked, Kaitlyn shoveled so I could get to the van to go get Jonathan from school.
This morning, we woke up to more snow. Emily ate her breakfast as fast as she could, dressed & she & Carlie shoveled the walks & driveway again. (Jonathan spent all his time shoveling out the massive pile the snowplow made in our driveway)
This afternoon, lots of snow again! I was dreading shoveling again as I am stiff from yesterday still. Then I heard a knock on on the door & it was a little boy I've never seen asking if he could shovel my walk! I gave him all the spare change I could find in my purse, & he looked like I gave him a million dollars!
We can learn a lot from little children!
No comments:
Post a Comment