Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Prophesy fulfilled

I am sometime amazed at how true the Gospel really is, how much Heavenly Father really knows us & loves, & how the priesthood blesses our lives. A few years ago, I think between 3-5, I've lost track of time, Stephen was working 56 hours a week & serving as the executive secretary in the Bishopric. The kids were really little, no one old enough to babysit. I was serving in the Young Women's presidency & with a husband that was never home, I felt crazy busy all the time. One weekend, Stephen's parents visited, & we started talking about how this was the season of being crazy busy. I kind of had a little break down. Stephen's step dad gave me a blessing. It said many wonderful words of comfort and explained what I was to learn from that season of life. Then, the blessing promised that a day would come where Stephen would enjoy making a good income on less hours, and he would be home more than we ever dreamed possible. At the blessing ended, I was counting the years to retirement.....
Oh me of little faith. Yesterday, Stephen was given his schedule. The one he will have when he becomes an RN after he takes boards in June. He will work 5 days, be off 3, work 3 days, be off 4. He has every other Sunday off. And it is a day shift. In the nursing world, this shift as a new nurse is unheard of. We feel very blessed.

1 comment:

Malissa said...

That's WONDERFUL!!!What a blessing after finishing school! I'm sure you'll all enjoy the time together.