I get in the van to drive Jonathan to school this morning & it won't start! I admit up front, when it comes to automobiles, I am totally clueless. So I do the only thing I know how to do: I call Stephen at work. His guess is the battery is dead. So, I call a neighbor who usually takes her son to school to ask her if she can take Jonathan. She is not taking him to school , but insists on taking Jonathan anyway. HOW NICE IS THAT!?
Then I call another neighbor & ask her to take the girls to school & she does. VERY NICE!
After the girl's go to school, I realize that Kaitlyn has a dentist appointment this afternoon. UGH! So I call a friend & tell her my woes, she is more than glad to take us. Again, VERY NICE!
Finally, I think I am finished begging rides & I have a headache. I figure it is the stress & take some tylenol and get on with the day. After lunch, the phone rings. It's Hannah & snow got into her boots at recess, soaking them. She needs new socks & shoes. So I call the neighbor who took the girls to school & ask for yet another ride. She responds by saying she needs to get out of the house anyway, & she'll pick me up in 5 minutes. WOW!!!
So after we drop the shoes off to Hannah, she has an errand. As we are driving, I start feeling really sick to my stomach. I barely made it home before..... well, I let you guess. So, again I make another call. This time to Steve, telling him I've had a headache all day & my stomach is upset. He tells me to go drink water so I don't get dehydrated & rest, he will leave work early & take Kaitlyn to the dentist. Is he AWESOME or what?
So, I'm drinking water, kind of feeling sorry for myself & there is a knock on my door. It is my friend's college aged son & daughter. She sent them over to charge the battery on my van. I AM SO BLESSED!
Everything can go wrong, but I am so blessed to have good friends as my neighbors & a caring husband when the going gets tough! Because of them, I will go to sleep thinking it was a pretty good day!
Oh and one more thing, I opened the mail today to find our escrow analysis. I actually mumbled "just great" out loud. Usually when we get these, it means we will owe MORE next year. But this year, they adjusted our property taxes went down, so owe LESS, so our payment will go down $46 a month next years. AND, there was a very small refund check attached. SWEET!
1 comment:
Our van battery died on Saturday. I went to go run some errands and it wouldn't start. So, after a frustrating morning, one of our neighbors, so nice, came over in their truck and charged it for us. We went shopping at a store and had trouble getting it started again so decided to go to Auto Zone right away. We drove back and forth looking for the store with no luck. Finally we decided to look in a different part of town. Found one, and the kid that works there helped put in a new one and checked the alternator. Soooooo nice. I totally understand the feeling of being blessed.
Post a Comment