Thursday, December 25, 2008

Nativity Breakfast

Photobucket

This is hands down, the kids favorite tradition After presents are opened, we sit down to breakfast. Placed at everyone's plate is a figurine from our nativity set. Before we eat, we take turns saying something about the figurine we have. This year:

Kaitlyn had Mary.

Photobucket

She said she was grateful for Mary because she gave birth to Jesus Christ, the son of God.

Emily had Joseph.

Photobucket

She said she thought Joseph must have been a pretty good daddy.

Hannah had the camel.

Photobucket

She said she was glad the camel brought the wise man to see baby Jesus & give him gifts.

Stephen had a wise man.

Photobucket

He said he hopes he will always be like the wise men, seeking to know the Savior.

I had a shepard. No picture, sorry. I said that I admired how he watched the heavens, looking for the star that signaled the Savior's birth, then immediately left the field once the Savior was born to see Him.

Jonathan had the baby Jesus.

Photobucket

He said he was thankful that Jesus is his Savior & that he made it possible for us to repent of our sins & have eternal life.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I love that...it may become a tradition in our home!

Todd and Amyjoy said...

Melody,
I love that tradition! I think that would be perfect for us too!
I loved your pj pictures. That is too fun!
Amyjoy

Malissa said...

Love it! What a great idea!