It's been a busy, but good week here at the Daisson household. Stephen started back to school on Monday. His classes are harder than last semester, as expected, but he is excited about moving one step closer to finishing his RN degree!
Well, it's official, we have a teenager! Jonathan turned 13 this week. He is such a great young man, it's exciting to watch him grow and mature! He has a great sense of humor, and is really fun to talk to. So far, he has been my easiest child and I hope that "teenage- itis" (as my family calls it) doesn't change that! The item of news for Jonathan this week is that he was asked by Bishop Bunker to be the Deacon Quorem's President, and he accepted. For those who don't know, the LDS (Mormon) Deacon's Quorem is different than what you find in other churches. Deacon's in our church are typically 12- 13 year old boys. They are responsible for passing the sacrament, collecting fast offerings (we fast once a month & then donate money to help feed the poor), and give service. As president, Jonathan will help his Young Men Leaders plan Tuesday night activities, scout camp, and encourage other boys to come to church & tuesday night.
Kaitlyn is growing so fast. Everytime I look at her, she seems a bit taller! My kids are making me feel short! Kaititlyn had an exciting week. She worked on a science project with her best friends, Ashley and Megan. Their project was about whether or not music affected a guinea pigs performance in a maze. We moms tried to help, but the girls refused. They wanted it to be their project. Student's from BYU's Science Graduate program judged the science fair. The girls came in 2nd place for the 5th grade! We are so excited for them! Tonight, Kaitlyn is having a celebration party here at our house.
We have nick named Emily Spider Girl. She climbs up the walls all the time now! Yesterday, I found her climbing up the walls at the top of the stair well. eeekk! I am going to have to keep a closer eye on her!
Hannah is such a little feisty thing. The other day, I picked her up from school & she sat down in her seat, "the princess seat" and crossed her arms and said, "I DO NOT LIKE BOYS!" I asked her why, & she said, "because they all think they are my boyfriend, SHEESH!" She was also upset beccause they call her Hannah Montana. She said, "Mom, I am NOT Hannah Montana, I am Hannah Banana, SHEESH!" She cracks me up!
It has been a good week for me. I asked for a treadmil for Christmas and Stephen bought me one last Friday (we were waiting for the New Years Sales). I am happyy to report that I've exercised every day this week. I am also working on decluttering the house. Haven't got as far as I wanted to, but I'm plugging away.
Well that's our news this week. Have a good week everyone.
1 comment:
I am right there with you...life is soooo busy! I love being able to see what you and your family is doing. Keep up the posts! By the way, I'm tagging you. Go to my blog and you can see the rules! Have a fun weekend!
Post a Comment