
It appears that this great fall weather we've had is about to end, & cool weather is on it's way. This week Jonathan trimmed the lilacs for me. I let them grow tall and full this year, & it was time to trim them back. Most of the leaves fell off. Our rose bush in the front yard didn't do very well this year. It was over twenty years old & Stephen ripped it out of the ground. We'll replant something in it's place next spring. Leaves started falling off the trees on Wednesday. Slowly, my beautiful yard is becoming dull. I miss it already

Two of our chickens are laying. The one in the picture is omelette. She lays white eggs and the other hen lays brown eggs. Together, they lay 9- 11 eggs a week.

We took family pictures earlier this month & they didn't turn out well at all. I hoped to retake them this week, but it didn't happen. I'm not sure if we will have time to redo them or not.I think there is something wrong with my camera.

This girl! Today, the bishop told a cute story in church. The children put on a program today where they sang and said a short sentence about reading scripture. At the end, the bishop commented on how well they did & how much he loved the children. He told the story of the candy jar in his office. For those that don't know, a bishop is unpaid and only serves as a bishop for 5 years. Several years ago, a bishop put a candy jar in his office & the kids come in & get a piece of candy & shake his hand. The tradition has continued through the years. Our current bishop is pretty new, and on his first Sunday, he said a little girl walked in, looked through the candy jar, and said, "Bishop, don't you know little kids like suckers?" Everyone laughed, including me, but I was pretty sure I knew who that little outspoken girl was. Yep, my Hannah! I asked her when we got home if she knew who the little girl was. She smiled widely & said, "well, it's true! Someone needed to tell him!" Way to keep the Bishop in line Hannah!!
Lots of laundry and light housework to catch up on tomorrow. I think it's time to put away shorts and T-shirts and dig out the coats and warm clothes.
No comments:
Post a Comment