As we were decorating the tree on Saturday, we hung white lights on the tree, and I was reminded of the Tree of Life in the Book of Mormon. I decided that the gift I would give myself this year is to read the entire Book of Mormon by January 1st. In the past few days, I've read about Nephi & his great faith in the Lord. I read the story of him going to get the brass plates from Laban yesterday & it took on a whole new meaning. The first time they tried, Nephi casts lots with his brothers & the lot fell on Lamen. It was Jewish Tradition, & the most practical way to approach it. But Lamen failed. Next, Nephi offered his father's possessions. Knowing Nephi, he was probably praying & it seemed like a viable way to get the brass plates, so off they went. Failed again. The next time, Nephi went with nothing but faith that the Lord would guide him, & he was successful.
I thought of my own life and my approach to problem solving. There are times I rely on tradition. Sometimes it works, other times, it doesn't. I pray & ponder constantly over raising my children, but the ideas I get don't always work out the way I want them too. But, when I let go, and have complete faith in the Lord, that he will direct me, I feel more peace as I am seeking direction, & I have seen great things come to pass as I place my trust in the Lord let go & let him direct me.
So my goal is to worry less and exercise more faith.
1 comment:
Great insight, Melody. Thanks for sharing. :)
Post a Comment