Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer Week 5

No pictures this week, I just wanted to update the blog so I can remember what went on during the week. One reason is that I plan to make a scrapbook of the summer & the other is to have a point of reference for the moments when the kids say, "our summer is sooooo boring." I can pull up the blog & say, "look what we did."
I guess from a kid's point of view, the first three days our week was pretty boring. We had work so hard rearranging rooms last week (week 4), that we neglected most everything else. So on Monday, we did a ton of housework & catching up on the kid's home summer school. I also cleaned the van inside & out. On Tuesday, laundry, school & grocery shopping.
On Wednesday, we worked on our yard all day. I love my hard, but it is very high matinence. I trimmed a few trees, pruned rose trees & weeded the front & back yard, & weeded the fence line by the lilacs. I mowed both yards in under an hour. The girls had their assignments & grumbled a lot, but completed them. Steve took care of the garden, which is looking beautiful & healthy. He also fixed the mailbox (Jonathan accidentally ran over it). He figured that since we have three more drivers to teach, he would hook it to the fence instead of a post to avoid having it ran over again. Smart man!
On Thursday, we had everything pretty much under control again & after doing basic chores & school, the girls & I rested. Later in the afternoon, Emily friends came over for a sleepover & Hannah had a friend over for a late over.
Friday, 4th of July Festivities began. I think that deserves it's own post!
I wish I would have taken pictures of all we did this week. Although there was nothing particularly exciting, it's life as we know it. My goal for next week is to take pictures of these simple events.

No comments: